Fax to Email Service Providers
One of the many different types of Internet fax services available offered is a simple fax to email service. What this means in practical terms is that any faxes you send or receive are sent straight to your email inbox by the provider of the service to which you’ve subscribed. Other Internet fax providers, of course, give you options of utilising, for example, Microsoft Office applications to send your faxes.
The Procedure for Fax to Email
When you sign up for an online to fax email service, you firstly receive a secure platform to an automated email gateway. From here you can securely transmit Internet protocols. There are, generally speaking, five basic steps involved in this form of fax transmission:
1. Login to your email account and create your fax.
2. Attach any required documents to your fax via the usual attachment icon.
3. Use the email address bar to address the email to the fax recipient(s) fax number followed by the extension of your online fax to email service.
4. Once the send button is clicked, the fax gateway converts your email to a fax format and transmits it.
5. Finally, you will receive an email confirmation, much like an email read receipt.
Receiving a fax via email is a straightforward process, and generally involves four steps:
1. Firstly, the sender has to enter your fax number.
2. Secondly, the fax server will convert the email into a downloadable file.
3. Thirdly, you will receive an email message. The fax will appear as a file attachment.
4. Once you open the attachment you need a program such as Adobe Reader to access it.
Would Fax to Email Benefit You?
Fax to email can be a low-cost way of gaining access to faxing that would particularly support home users and small businesses. Medium and large companies have been known to utilise email to fax as well.
Here are some of the advantages of this system:
• Subscriptions to this service are far cheaper than for other more complex systems with more functionality.
• There are a greater number of fax pages-per-month included in the monthly price than with other services.
• Generally there is a higher level of delivery success, as you are simply emailing faxes direct to another person’s email box.
• You have the option to send faxes either to a recipient’s email address or fax machine.
• The management of your faxes becomes easier as you can rapidly view each of your faxes and decide which among them are vital.
• Faxes can be stored within your email account indefinitely.
Making The Decision
Before committing yourself to a fax to email service, it is pertinent to consider the following:
• Would having multiple faxing options cause confusion in your workplace?
• Would having more than one faxing option hinder organization in your place of business?
• Is it easy for you to access email when away from the office?
• Do you require instant access to faxes?
• Would you be giving your clients a better customer service by sending faxes directly to their email inbox?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the majority of these questions then there is no reason that you shouldn’t seek out a fax to email faxing solution.